What do you think about most of the time and how do you think about it? Isn’t everything in life just a test? You set the test do you pass or not? Life is a series of tests keep passing the tests to keep going to a higher level.
We like to complicate life but most of the time it’s quite simple. If you go through life being optimistic your success level will be high and on the other hand if you go through life a pessimist your success level will be low.
Your biggest test right now is right before you. It is to teach you a lesson you must learn to be successful in the future. People who are optimistic about their futures believe they will be great. They believe that the greatest moments of their life are coming.
We make our world by the way we think and act. Our outer world is consistent with our inner world. You perform on the outside now the way you see yourself on the inside now! The picture you feed your mind will be repeated in reality. To be the best of who you are watch your mental diet.
Most go through life oblivious to the fact that there are rules to success. They see someone who is successful and they assume their just lucky. Yet there is so much they do not see that goes on behind the scenes. Here are 7 steps that successful people us to break the non-success habit.
1) Dream Big Dreams: Make a dream list and imagine no limitations. Imagine what you want and what it would feel like if you obtained it. Get clarity! As you imagine your dream see it getting clearer and clearer.
Now that you can see it go out and accomplish it. Anything great in life can be accomplished one step at a time. Believe you have what it takes already on the inside of you to get it done. Doubt is the killer of all great dreams.
2) Develop a Clear Sense of Direction: You develop your clear sense of direction through goals. Decide exactly what you want. Write it down. There is a school of thought that says write your goals out every day and there is another school of thought that says you should read them aloud upon rising in the morning and before you go to bed at night. I say do them both!
3) Set a Deadline: You must set a target date when you will reach your goal. Break it down into little sub deadlines up until the big target date. The more you focus on the urgency of getting it done by your target date the more it comes into reality.
4) Make a List: Make a list of everything you need to do to accomplish your goal. Some things could be monetary, or training, or possibly a mentor, etc… Leave nothing to chance. The more comprehensive your list is the better.
5) Have a Plan: Organize your list in the steps you need to take to succeed. Write out each action step. Set a date of accomplishment for each step. Keep your plan with you at all times. Keep it constantly before you to ensure you’re maximizing your time.
6) Take Action: This is the hardest one of all. You can have the best laid plans but without action they’re just pipe dreams. Most get stuck right here. This is either where fear or procrastination (another form of fear) sets in. Every journey starts with a single step. Just make the first and you will see that every step afterwards gets easier and easier.
7) Do Something Every Day: Do something every day to get closer to your goal. If you will just do something everyday toward your goal you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. There is a saying that goes “how do you eat an elephant; one little piece at a time.” And that is all you need to do to accomplish your wildest dreams just take a little bite out of it every day and soon you will see it done.
Life’s little tests will be before us every day and whether we end up A students or F students is really up to us. Exam the way you think and what you think about. Use these 7 steps in your life to accomplish something you’ve been dreaming about for awhile now. You don’t have to see the whole staircase to take the first step.
Eric L Huntley